Our company is a leading media marketing company known for developing high-calibre professionals for an engaged social world. We’ve been around for since the time of Methuselah, hosting all manner of events from webinars to blogosphere summits to inspirational talks. Our culture is that of what you would typically see in a start-up. We’re fun, but serious; casual, but don’t muck around.
Because our company has been such an astounding success, we’ve been able to carefully craft out a junior professional internship position that we think you would be absolutely perfect for.
Coming into the office 4 days a week between 8am and 6pm, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our company is making all our clients happy. In a typical day you’ll answer phones, write emails, update our social media presence, meet with clients, pitch brand strategy, collaborate with external contractors, create marketing campaigns, write engaging content for our awesome company blog, field media inquiries, have a hand in creating amazing posters and videos, make coffee runs (our nearby coffee shop is DA BOMB), source new clients, manage financial projections and, most importantly, learn heaps.
In order to really stand out in what is sure to be an ultra- competitive field of candidates, you’ll need to make sure you meet the following criteria:
- At least 15 years experience working in media, preferably at an agency but also places like Fairfax or News.
- Be super-familiar with the custom-built software our office runs on.
- Have been listed in the credits for at least 4 Academy Award nominated films.
- Be a close, personal friend of the company director.
- Be outgoing and fun to be around.
- Be a chartered accountant.
- Have a comprehensive show reel of your work to date (Flash video only, 2Mb maximum file size. Thanks!).
- Be a self-starter.
- Have already been told by us that you have the job.
- Have a sense of humour!
- Close attention to detail.
- Have worked in small teams, large teams and individually on all manner of projects ranging from the chook shed at your parents’ to multi-million dollar government infrastructure projects.
If you think you meet all this, and are in the position to be able to work 10-hour days without compensation (I know, it sucks but there is a possibility that we might give you a little money if you hang around and really impress us) then please send through a charming email, intriguing cover letter, your current CV and a working draft of the next Great Australian Novel to email@example.com